Staying Safe: COVID-19 Precautions at the Palais
The SIU continues to monitor the ever-changing global health landscape in light of the COVID pandemic. Through selection of a well-equipped venue with rigorous standards, the SIU is confident it can continue to safely host in-person events that bring urologists together.
Some of the precautions taken by the SIU 2022 venue, the Palais des congrès de Montréal, include:
- A maximum of 250 people seated per room for corporate and business meetings (regardless of the type of meeting or attendees);
- Consumer and trade shows are permitted, but in accordance with measures applicable to shopping centres and retail businesses;
- Food and beverages services are conducted in accordance with measures applicable to restaurants;
- Wearing a mask is mandatory when moving around in the Palais; people who are seated quietly (or speaking softly) may remove their mask;
- Physical distancing of at least 1 metre must be maintained between people from different households;
- A vaccine passport will be required for certain events at the Palais
- Providing hydro-alcoholic gel dispensers outside the function rooms as well as in the common & public areas
- Ensuring that the all facilities and event spaces are disinfected daily using a Byoplanet-certified electrostatic spray system
- Maintaining a high-performance ventilation system and filters are replaced regularly
- Using a one stop hospital-grade disinfectant cleaner that delivers fast and effective results
As of September 1, 2021, all delegates and participants attending events in the congress and conferences category at the Palais are required to show a proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
Attendees from the host province (Quebec) will be required to display a QR code showing their level of protection in one of three ways: on paper, in a PDF document on a mobile device, or on the VaxiCode app.
Please note that photo ID will be required for all persons aged 16 and over, regardless of format used for proof of vaccination. ID without a photo will be accepted for people 75 and over and for those with Health Insurance Cards renewed during the pandemic.
Travellers from outside the host province will be required to show valid photo ID with an address outside Quebec, and a vaccine passport with a QR code or official proof of vaccination issued by their country or province in Canada.
For more information, please visit: