Submit your Proposal for an Instructional Course
The Scientific Programme Committee in conjunction with the Office of Education is conducting an open call for instructional courses for the 44th Annual Congress of the Société Internationale d’Urologie (SIU) in New Delhi, India, October 23 to 26, 2024. Preference will be given to proposals received on topics that align best with the SIU 2024 Congress learning objectives and from recognized experts in the field who are good speakers and educators.
The deadline for proposals is January 15, 2024.
Faculty will be offered a preferred registration rate and are responsible for their own travel, accommodations, and other related costs.
Any of the following elements may appear in the Congress website/app. Be sure to use wording that will appeal to your audience.
- Course Title
- Course Description (brief - up to 100 words)
- Session Layout (titles of lectures including duration of each) - courses will be 90 minutes in length.
- Learning Objectives
- Identified as they relate to the overall Congress objectives.
- For the session itself, described from the perspective of the attendee. E.g., “at the end of this session, attendees should be able to…”
- Courses should generally include 2-3 speakers. The course director should plan to give 1 of the talks.
- It is understood that faculty has previously agreed to participate should the proposal be accepted for presentation.
- We ask that you pay particular attention the geographical and gender representation of faculty. The SIU is an international society and strives to represent the needs and interests of its members from around the world.
- Brief Literature Review
- Highlights the unmet educational needs of session topic.
- It is referenced and lists the supporting scientific literature.
- Previous Course Event Participation
All communications will be with the session chair, with a copy to the submitter.
The proposer of an accepted session will become the session chair. A co-chair may be added to assist with the following responsibilities:
- Complete proposal by deadline.
- Open and prompt communication with the organizing committee and/or staff.
- Ensure that all deadlines and requirements for the session planning and execution, as defined by the organizing committee, are met.
- Communicate with all session faculty, including confirming participation, finding replacements when needed, details and duration of lecture.
- Review messaging and timing with all faculty prior to the session.
- Chair and moderate session, including welcome and introductions, Q&A and closing remarks.
- Review content to avoid overlap amongst presenters.
- Timely execution of the session.
Questions? Email [email protected].